Let's be realistic, it's not easy running a business, it's hard work. Keeping the establishment running, managing staff, suppliers and customers is a full time job. Even business owners who know what to do are usually so busy working IN their business they don't have time to work ON it.
What business owners need is a Marketing System and someone to help them get the tools and processes in place. One set up the task of keeping up the momentum rather than ad hoc stop start or sporadic marketing activities is critical to long term success.
There are several key essentials required to market a business...
Tools and Equipment
- A system to store detail of customers and prospects
- An email communications engine
- Possibly an SMS communications engine
- A website including full content management
Ideally multiple strategies and methods to attract new potential clients to the business.
A structured process to maximise conversion including capture of a prospects contact information and regular ongoing communications recognising that some prospects take a long time to make a decision.
Ongoing communications including offers and incentives to ensure clients are satisfied with the products and services they receive and have no reason to look for an alternative supplier.
Up-Sell and Cross Selling
Most businesses have more than one product or service - a process to identify which customers purchase which products looking for opportunities to provide additional services is smart.
Rather than just wait and hope, a sensible business owner will engineer into their communications and processes as many suitable opportunities as possible to ask for referrals and track referral rates.
Whilst each of the above needs to be singled out for specific focus, the various activities all need to all work together as one continuous process, what we would call joined up marketing.
Suppliers of specialist services, (depending on requirements)
- Graphic designers
- Web Developers
- Search Engine Marketing Specialists
- Video Production Operators
- Video Streaming Providers
- Hosting Providers
- Email Providers
- Sales Copywriters
- Software programmers
- Generate leads or enquiries from potential customers
- Convert leads into paying clients
- Maintain regular communication with clients to:
- Solicit for feedback on customer satisfaction
- Encourage repeat purchase
- Maximise sales of products and services
- Improve client retention
- Request referrals
- Streamline activities to reduce operating costs
For a free review of your current marketing activties please call us on 01865 920003